Rock Solid (previously CitySourced), a software company based in Sherman Oaks, CA has an immediate need for a software engineer. We develop web and mobile solutions that directly impact your community. Our software is based on Microsoft technologies, particularly C# and .NET. The applications we develop place a heavy emphasis on user interface and interactive graphical functionality built for the exacting needs of the consumer and government sectors. Your compensation will include a blend of both cash (yeah, money!) and equity.
If you are excited by the opportunity to have a direct effect on you and your neighbor’s quality of life, Rock Solid may be the place for you. You will be responsible for the design, development and testing of new software products as well as supporting existing, released products.
Our environment is fast-paced, having product delivery cycles measured in weeks rather than months. You will not be given a 300 page specification and told to “implement this.” Instead, you will be given a general task, and it is up to you to design, validate, implement and test. If something you worked on doesn’t work, it’s your responsibility. You will be working closely with other members of the development staff to extend the core functionality, designed and implemented over the past 7 years, to power new products and take existing products “to the next level.”
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Proven Windows development experience in Visual Studio 2008 and .NET technologies, particularly C#.
- Experience using OO methodologies in designing software solutions.
- Strong ability to analyze vague problem descriptions and formulate effective solutions. Be able to work with analyze a need and engineer a solution. Be prepared to give specific examples of this skill.
- Ability to speak and write clear English in order to create documentation as well as interact with end users.
- Sharp critical thinking skills, including systems and business analysis, problem analysis and resolution, and sound judgment/decision making ability.
- Proven ability to work in a rapid release product environment.
- Demonstrated trait of being a self-starter (this is VERY important!).
- Able to build trust within the development team by developing dependable good code.
- Know how to interact in a professional environment.
- Be able to contribute to technical discussions in a non-overbearing manner.
- Be able to see shades of grey instead of black or white when presented with an issue.
Knowledge and Skills
- Architectural, Engineering, design domain knowledge
- Microsoft Frameworks 2.0 & 3.5, C#, REST, XML, JSON, SQL Server 2005/2008
- Current industry trends in development environments, tools, and software technology
- Processes relating to developing a released software product
- ObjectiveC and iPhone development experience a huge plus!
In order to be considered for this position, include:
- Compensation requirements- Availablity and starting date
- A detailed description of your last 2 projects
- At least 3 work related references
- Describe your contribution to the project as well as your role on the project
- Provide in your own words what you see as the difference between a coder/programmer and a software engineer
- By the way, we are looking for software engineers.