1. Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Terms
By using Rock Solid, you represent that you are 13 years old or older and you consent to the information collection and use practices described herein.
Rock Solid is deeply committed to protecting the privacy of its users. Below is information outlining our continued support for the responsible management of consumer and personal information.
2. Participating Merchant Policies
Rock Solid provides Users like you with tools to interact with various government agencies, educational institutions and private organizations (“Partner Entities”) and with one another. Related services, Partner Entities and offerings with links from this website, including vendor sites, have their own privacy policies that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Online merchants and others who participate in Rock Solid’s services are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude towards consumer privacy. However, since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants, Partner Entities and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of merchants, Partner Entities and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
3. Information We Collect and How We Use It
Rock Solid collects certain information from and about its users four ways: (i) directly from our Web Server logs, (ii) our mobile application platform, (iii) the user, and (iv) with Cookies.
- Web Server LogsWhen you visit any Rock Solid Application we may track information to administer our services and analyze its usage, improve our sites and services we offer, or fulfill the purpose of your interaction with Rock Solid (e.g. reporting an issue submitted by you to the appropriate public sector agency). Examples of information we may track include:
- Your Internet protocol address.
- Your mobile device platform.
- Your mobile device type.
- Your mobile device operating system.
- Your mobile device id.
- The kind of browser, computer, mobile platform and/or device you use.
- Your current location or user defined location.
- Number of links you click within the site.
- State or country from which you accessed the site.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to our site from.
- Pages you viewed on the site.
Rock Solid reserves the right to share aggregated site statistics with partner companies, but does not allow other companies to place cookies on our website unless there is a temporary, overriding customer value (such as merging into Rock Solid a site that relies on third-party cookies). You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our website.
- Personal Information UsesVisitors to Rock Solid Applications can register with us to become members of Rock Solid. When you register, we will request some personal information such as name, address, email, telephone number and other relevant information (“User Personal Information”). If you are purchasing a service, we may request financial information. Any financial information we collect is used only to bill you for the services you purchased. If you purchase by credit card, this information may be forwarded to your credit card provider. You may also be asked to disclose personal information to us so that we can provide assistance and information to you, or obtain assistance and information for you from one of our Partner Entities.
Because the Rock Solid services are primarily focused on obtaining a Partner response to a concern or issue you submit, we may share your User Personal Information with such Partners to obtain the response, information, or action you requested. In each case, Rock Solid only shares such information insofar as it is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with Rock Solid (e.g. reporting an issue submitted by you to the appropriate municipal agency). Users always have the option to refuse to transmit personally identifying information when submitting a request to a Partner Entity; however, this may prevent them from engaging in certain Rock Solid-related activities and services. You agree that you understand that the Partner Entities are not employed by or agents of Rock Solid. Because Rock Solid does not separately verify how your information is treated or protected by Partner Entities, we strongly encourage you to review Partner Entities’ privacy policies. Any concerns regarding their treatment of your User Personal Information should be directed to the particular Partner Entity with whom you are communicating.
We may share aggregated demographic information about our member base with other entities, such as advertisers. This information does not identify individual users. We do not link aggregate user data with personally identifiable information. Other than the sharing of personally identifiable information described in the preceding paragraph, we may share personally identifiable information with third-party vendors and partners only in those situations where you have given us prior, specific permission to do so. Other that described above, any personal information you provide to us will not be given or sold to third parties, except in those situations where we are required to do so by law or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to: (i) comply with the law or with legal process served on us; (ii) protect and defend our rights or property; or (iii) act in an emergency to protect someone’s safety.
4. Changes to this Policy
5. Consent to Collection and Processing in the United States
If you are located outside the United States, please note that by using Rock Solid, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. For users in England and Wales, the information you provide to Rock Solid is also subject to the Data Protection Act 1998. You have a right of access under data protection legislation to the personal data that we hold about you.
6. Contacting Us
Rock Solid, Inc.
1545 Sawtelle Blvd., Suite 36
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Rock Solid will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond and resolve any problem or question.